If you are seeking skilled and experienced estate planning or elder law counsel to ensure the future financial security of your family or an elderly loved one, you should email Roark & Mansur Law, PLLC in Chelmsford.
The boutique law firm’s founders, Annmarie Roark and Daniel J. Mansur, assists individual and family clients in the Merrimack Valley, Greater Lowell and southern New Hampshire. Each has over 36 years of experience addressing a broad range of estate and trust planning, and elder law issues.
Roark & Mansur Law, PLLC places special focus on practice areas such as:
- Elder Law: estate planning that meets the needs of elderly individuals, whether the issue is driven by their incompetency related to Alzheimer’s or any condition affecting mental capacity; disability planning; guardianship or conservatorship proceedings; or the need to plan for significant health care costs of assisted living or nursing home care
- Estate Planning: including Last Wills & Testaments, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney and Declarations of Homestead
- Probate and Estate Administration: settling of an estate or assistance to a personal representative with administration of an estate, and negotiation or litigation of will contests
- Trust Planning and Administration: assistance with formation of the proper trusts, such as trusts for minor children, irrevocable trusts, revocable trusts, life insurance trusts, credit shelter trusts, special needs trusts, pet trusts, and planning to minimize estate taxes and federal estate taxes, and assistance to trustees with the administration of trust assets
- Medicaid and Long-Term Care Planning: asset protection in anticipation of the need for long-term care or other medical needs, including transfer of assets and creation of trusts; preparation and handling of the filing of an application for Medicaid benefits; and Medicaid planning, including coordination toward creation of an annuity, advice on spend-downs, protection of primary residence and Medicaid trusts, financing of long-term care or nursing home care
- Federal and Massachusetts Estate Tax: planning and filing of returns
- Residential Real Estate Transactions: residential real estate issues as they affect estate planning, in order to handle property or land comprising an individual’s estate
As your attorney, Roark & Mansur Law, PLLC can assist you in the arrangement of your estate to pass efficiently to beneficiaries with a minimum of court intervention. This benefits you since less court involvement means less administration costs during the probate legal process. As a Massachusetts licensed insurance producer, Attorney Annmarie Roark can also advise on the appropriate life insurance, long-term care and supplemental insurance coverage, and evaluate existing policies.
The attorneys at Roark & Mansur Law, PLLC can advise on the suitability and process guardianships and conservatorships for the elderly, minors or the disabled, and can help identify and address elder abuse and fraud.
They can provide protection against a creditor’s claim through the timely election of the homestead right provided under the Massachusetts homestead law. While most clients can benefit from this protection, many are unaware of the availability of this protection.